Relieves back pain quickly, without additional discomfort. Spinal Endoscopy is microsurgical treatment of a herniated disc in the spinal column as well as of other conditions that cause pain in the spine and extremities. Spine Clinic – Newro Spine has the highest success rate in Mexico for treating this type of cases.
This minimally invasive surgical technique consists of making a small incision through which a lighted miniature camera is inserted, illuminating the area to be operated on and permitting its visualization on a screen. Two types of anesthesia can be used: general or localized in the spinal region with the choice depending on the particular case.
- Herniated-disc surgery treats pain in the lower limbs and lumbar region (leg pain and back pain).
- The average hospitalization time is 1 day.
- Most patients are able to walk on the same day the surgery is performed.
- Post-operative care is not required (neither drains nor stitch removal).
- Return to normal life is quick and unrestricted.
Advantages of the procedure
- The small incision reduces muscular trauma as well as post-operative pain and facilitates a quick return to normal activities.
- The use of the camera permits excellent visualization.
- There is a wide field of vision, compared with other techniques.
- The procedure reduces the possibility of complications due to infection.
- The small size of the scar is aesthetically pleasing.
As Dr. Víctor Hugo Malo, Neurosurgeon, Spine Specialist and Director of Back Clinic, recommends:
In treating pain and symptoms of the spine, an exact diagnosis is necessary and should be conducted by a specialist, using appropriate processes so that the patient resumes daily life as quickly as possible.
A review of the spinal medulla, the spinal column and surrounding areas is of great importance as this is the communication path between the brain and the rest of the body. A healthy spine directly affects quality of life by giving the patient the ability to perform daily activities related to work, family and leisure completely and freely.
Back problems, such as a herniated lumbar disc or a herniated cervical disc, can be treated with minimally invasive surgery, which permits the patient to return to his or her daily routine very quickly with less pain and a shorter convalescence. Cases of a narrowed lumbar canal or tumors of the spinal medulla require other procedures that are also performed at Clínica de Espalda.
Back Clinic is located in the city of Querétaro, Querétaro, and is the only institution in Mexico in which neurosurgical specialists treat spinal conditions.
The spinal endoscopy procedure is minimally invasive surgery, conducted through one small incision, which permits the patient to return to daily activities, usually within one day.